Short story 3

Mathew

"Dont worry i would be always by your side. Love"
Mathew rembered this words again and again, over and over again as he looked at Myra's dead body. Mathew looked at his arm, where his newly born baby girl was smiling and sleeping. He is just 17 and already a father, what a brilliant joke played by the creator of life on him.

They took away Mayra from him, he was sitting in the waiting area. His parents were beside him, the baby was taken in NICU for intense care. Mathew didnt knew what to do, weather to cry for Mayras loss or to be happy for his baby gril. He thought he was lost. Suddelny, Mayras parents came dashing in the hospital. "What you did to my dughter!" Mayras dad, stammerd in agony while holding Mathew by his collar. "Enough! It aint his fault. Well mayra had sever blood loss. She was not ready for this yet!" Mathews father Jonathan said in a defencive manner. "Oh, yes! It was not HIS fault for sure, my little baby was just 16 and a half. Surly not even ready for being a mother!" Mayaras mom popped in with eyes full of tears. "Oh mrs scumber I know what you are feeling, we all are going through this. Its not just you. But just look further we have mayras most beloved belonging to tske caee of. Her daughter" mathews mother Lisa said with teary eyes

"We need to be strong for her. Go and look at the baby , just for one time. Please." Lisa said it with a hope." Oh hell no! I dont need her, she is a filth bag , a piece of shit, junk, she must die!" Mrs.scumber went on and on. But mathew didnt even intrupted, cuse he was not even listening to anything.

He was just remembring  that night when, mayra and he were in bed, mayra in his arms and he just cant resist mayars beauty at that time. But later that month , it devasted mayra and her relations with her parents when she found out she was having the baby.

Days went on and the baby was brought home. Mathew was still  shocked. He didnt even, picked her once. The baby was crying hard, that night, mathew just didnt picked the baby. When his mother came in. "How long are you being this sad man with a baby? If you gonna be this forever , please tell me, I would adopt her officaly as mine. And she would be your sister! Please tell me. If you dont want her to be taken, go pick her up, make her stop crying and name her. Be a dad!"

When his mom said him a dad, it just struck him hard, he got up went to the crib, bent down, took the baby in his arm. And instantly the baby stopped crying as if there was a prolong connection between them.

"Mayra." Said mathew, looking at the baby who was just playing with his fingers."But" Jonathan asked for the frist time in the whole scene. "Yes, Mayra who never left my side and whos side I would never leave." Said mathew smiling at Mayra.

The next day, Mathew was totaly busy with Mayra, he changed her diaper, fed her up, gave a bath to her but most of all, he loved her. "My bro all alone with his baby and am not gonna come! Give me a break!" Said Lucas entring mathews room." Well yeah" said mathew who was busy in his fortnight game."well dude, its fine that you are playing without me. But honestly, where is our little star?" Aske Lucas." Shes with mum getting a bath." Said mathew pusing the game.

"Well here comes your little star" said Mats mom entering with tiny mayra in her hands

"Oh aint she cute! Gimme, gimme Mrs.Fords!" Said Lucas with all his cuteness come madness.  "wait Lucas. Frist sanitize your hand befor even touching my daughter" said mathew taking mayra in his arm. "Ok!" And Lucas sanitized his hands.

"Now slowly take her like this." Said mathew, giving mayra to Lucas as delicatly as possible.  " oh there you go little girl. By the way mathew are you coming to school, with my little star tommorrow?" Asked Lucas in a concerned way. "Yes for sure. Mom and dad goes to work, so I would have to bring, Mayra with me" said mathew taking a sleepy mayra in his hands.

"Dude, willy the bully is waiting for you! He would, I dont know what he would do with you tom!" Said Lucas handing over a blanket for mayra. "Its ok." Said mathew.

"What do you mean its ok? He could do anything!"said Lucas.

And the next day, Mayra in her kangroo bag sleeping on mathews chest, entered the school. As soon as mathew entered with Lucas beside him all girls went "awwww!" And " oh look mat is here with his baby!"

And many girls and even boys surronded him. Somehow in the morning willy was not there. The class was awesome, every one including the teacher wanted to take mayra in his or her hand and make funny faces for her. Lunch time arrived in no time. Mathew and Lucas were walking on the ground with mayra in mathews hand. When of no warning, willy stopped them.

"Mat I heard you become a father !" Said willy. "You know what happens when theres a good news around" and willy was about to punch mat on his face when mayra took a frim hold of willys expensive watch.

"What, you loved it?" Willy looking at mayra said. "Gooooo" said mayra in her baby language. Willy took her in his arms and said. "Oh, so you gonna be an expensive lady""heheh" said mayra lughingly. "I love expensive ladies." Said willy. Mathew and Lucas just looked at each other as mayra and willy talked with each other.

"Well mat, if any thing happen to my little honeybun. I would kick your ass!" Said willy giving mayra back to mathew.

"Well my little star saved us today" Lucas said when they were returning home. And so the days went by. And came mathews finals.

Mayra was there with him. And came his graduation day, and mayra was there. Mathew and Lucas graduated together. At the end of the graduation day Lucas asked something to mathew

"Hey dude, now that you are grudate, soon you would find a job, maybe marry or do whatever you want to do. But, there would be that day when, my Mayra would aske,"wheres my moma?" What would you say?"

Mathew took a big singh and said " I wont marry, ever again. Because I always and only love my Mayra. The mother of my daughter. But yes, there would be a day when she will ask me that where is my momma? At that time I must answer and tell her about her long gone mother. Mayra. Trust me, it wont be easy, but it would lighten my heart."

And the life went on for mathew, uncle Lucas, with grandparents Jonathan and Lisa for mayra, as she grew, and understood the missing piece of her life. Mayra

-Nidhi

Comments

Popular Posts